As a licensed psychotherapist, I use scientifically validated procedures to help people develop healthier, more effective habits. There are several approaches to psychotherapy — including cognitive-behavioral, interpersonal and other “talk therapies” — that help individuals work through their problems. One-to-one sessions can help you work through day-to-day problems. Through psychotherapy, people of all ages live happier, healthier and more productive lives.
We believe that therapy should encompass the whole person: body, mind, spirit, and emotions. Our human complexities make us vulnerable to imbalances, which may arise when one of our interconnected parts is affected. In other words, when one area of our lives is not working properly, our overall health may suffer. The agreed-on interventions will enhance your capacities, bring you increased quality of life and resolution to problems, and facilitate transitions to a place of emotional healing.
I am passionate about making a difference and improving the quality of life in others through education, support and finding solutions for every human faculty: physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health. I strive to provide an affordable service that supports independence, dignity, choice, privacy, and individuality.
Talk therapy, in other words, psychotherapy is a way to help people with a broad variety of emotional challenges. Participating in psychotherapy has been shown to help eliminate or control difficulties in coping with daily life; the impact of trauma, medical illness or loss, like the death of a loved one; and specific mental disorders, like depression or anxiety.
Most therapy sessions are 50 minutes long. Sessions can be conducted short-term (only a few sessions dealing with immediate issues) or long-term (several sessions dealing with more complex issues). The goals of treatment and arrangements for how often and how long to meet are planned in a collaborative effort, jointly between myself and the patient.
Healthy lifestyle improvements, such as good nutrition, regular exercise, and adequate sleep, can be important in supporting recovery and overall wellness.
Psychotherapy empowers our clients, to understand their feelings, and what makes them feel positive, anxious, or depressed, assisting them to cope with difficult situations in a more adaptive way.
Signs that you could benefit from therapy include: (According to American Psychology Association)
- You feel an overwhelming, prolonged sense of helplessness and sadness.
- Your problems don’t seem to get better despite your efforts and help from family and friends.
- You find it difficult to concentrate on work assignments or to carry out other everyday activities.
- You worry excessively, expect the worst or are constantly on edge.
- Your actions, such as drinking too much alcohol, using drugs or being aggressive, are harming you or others.
Seeking help is not an admission of weakness, but a step towards understanding and obtaining relief from distressing symptoms.
FL Lic # SW15178
NPI # 1104329903
Treatment specialization includes:
- Anxiety disorders – (common to complex)
- Medical and Health concerns
- Grief and Loss
- Work and Career issues
- Stress Management
- Eating disorders
- Conflict Resolution
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight loss
- Improving self esteem
- Adjustment to motherhood
- Balancing career & family
- Body image/unhealthy relationship with food
- Recovery from sexual/physical/emotional abuse
- Coping with divorce
- Parenting/Family communication
Individualized approach in a tranquil and supportive atmosphere,
$75 per 50-minute session
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis.
Payment for session and co-payments are due at the time of service.
Cash, check and all major credit cards are accepted for payment.
If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.